Skills Coaching Trip with Pro Ride's Olly Morris: 24 to 29 October, 2019
Olly Morris will teach you to become a better, faster, safer rider. If you are an intermediate (or above) mountain biker, looking to learn new skills and to increase (or restore) your mountain biking confidence, this is the trip for you.
Olly is co-owner of the highly-regarded UK coaching service, Pro Ride, as well as an elite downhill racer at World Cup level. He brings a wealth of knowledge to his coaching, drawing on his experience as a professional racer and qualified educational practitioner. He is easy to get along with and is driven by helping riders to achieve their riding goals.
The coaching will be based on Olly's hugely successful Progress and Flow courses. Elements include:
- Bike setup
- Body position for smoother riding. How correct balance, posture and movement can rapidly improve your riding.
- Control on steep descents. Staying in balance and maximising traction at slow speeds, before mastering the techniques to speed up safely on steep trails.
- Core bike handling skills. Manuals, floating through rough sections, and bunny hopping. Where, when and how to use them on the trail.
- Steps and safe drop-off techniques. Total control in the trickiest of situations, at both high and low speed.
- Cornering foundations.How to maintain traction, conserve your speed and hit the best lines in and out of turns.
- Pumping for speed. How and where to pump so you can gain free speed on any trail whilst maintaining a balanced and strong body position.
- Squashing for control and speed. Squashing bumps, jumps, drops, rocks and rough sections so you can approach trail features with full confidence and ride faster.
- Line choice and optimum speed. Choosing smooth and fast lines on the trail and learning the optimum speed to make trail features flow.
- Advanced flat corners. Leaning the bike and how to carve turns, maintaining grip and how to keep your speed.
- Advanced berms. How to stay off the brakes, lean more than ever before and exit even faster. Take away techniques to constantly improve your skills.
- Focus and Flow. How and when to use core skills and speed techniques to make the trail flow.
The trip includes five nights' accommodation, with four days' riding.
Each morning, Pure Mountains' guides will lead a ride on the awesome trails of the Sierra Nevada. Olly will join these rides to offer on-the-trail tips. After lunch back at the farmhouse, Olly will lead an afternoon skills coaching workshop in the grounds, which include a pump track, ramps and lots of riding features.
Each guest will also get a one to one session with Olly during the trip.
Price: €910 / £795 per person, including rustic-luxe farmhouse accommodation, Land Rover support, full board (except two dinners), beer and wine and Málaga airport transfers.
Contact us to book.